This is split into two parts, Server & Client.
- On the Exchange server itself, open the Exchange 207 management console.
- Right click on the default remote domain, and choose properties
- Click on the second tab, and confirm ‘Allow automatic replies’ is checked.
- Using Outlook, log into the mailbox where you want to set the auto reply, and create a new rule.
- Select Apply rule on messages I receive, and click next.
- Under the conditions, leave this blank and click next, this will apply to all email.
- Click Yes.
- On the next step, select have the server reply using a specific template, and slick the link at the bottom (a specific message), this will open in Outlook, where you can type your auto reply, then close and save the message.
- Click Finish, and close Outlook and test.