Configuring the Paging File on Windows Server Core or Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 can be difficult, as this needs to be done via the command prompt.
- To check the current paging file configuration, check the registry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management or run the following:
wmic pagefile list /format:list
- Turn off automatic paging files
wmic computersystem where name="%computername%" set AutomaticManagedPagefile=False
- Create a new paging file on a separate drive
wmic.exe pagefileset create name="S:\pagefile.sys"
- Manually configure the new paging file
wmic.exe pagefileset where name="S:\\pagefile.sys" set InitialSize=64509,MaximumSize=65000
- Delete the default C:\ drive paging file
wmic.exe pagefileset where name="C:\\pagefile.sys" delete
I blog frequently and I seriously thank you for your content.
This article has truly peaked my interest. I’m going to take a note of your site and keep checking for new information about once a week. I subscribed to your RSS feed too.
Hmm iѕ anyone else encountering problems with the images
on this blog loading? I’m trying to determine if its a problem on my еnd
or if it’s the blog. Any sսggestions would be greatly appreciated.